Organic Flax Seed Meal provides omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, necessary for good skin and coat health.
- Flaxseed oil helps dogs maintain a healthy coat and skin by reducing itching and dryness.
- Helps treat mild allergies.
- Aids animals with arthritis, improving their mobility.
- Helps prevent constipation.
- Helps in treating kidney and heart disease.
- Ground flax seed may even be used as a dietary source of fiber.
Combine with your own source of meat to create your own fresh, homemade pet food. When mixed with meat and water, 1 lb. makes approximately 5 lbs. of fresh, raw dog food. All custom formulas have a base of whole roll oat and flax seeds to insure proper digestion.
Contents 8 oz of food
Flax is one of the oldest crops known to man. Even the ancient Egyptians cultivated it extensively. In addition to the omega fatty acids, flax seed contains alpha-linoleic acid, which offers benefits to your dog’s immune system. Alpha-linoleic acid also has an anti-inflammatory effect, so it might aid your dog if he shows signs of arthritis or other joint problems. Flaxseed has more benefits that just Omega 3 oil. Ground flax seed has fiber, protein, flax hull lignans as well as Omega 3. Lignans are found in the hull of flax and have powerful anti-inflammatory as well as anti-cancer, anti-oxidant and anti-fungal health benefits. Protein that comes from a vegetarian source is sometimes difficult to find. Flax is an excellent plant source of protein.
Serv.Size 1 oz (30g)
About 1 1/2 cup
Fat Cal. 4
*Percent Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
|Total Fat 1g||1%||Total Carb. 27g||9%|
|Sat. Fat 0g||0%||Fiber 9g||36%|
|Trans. Fat 0g||Sugars 18g|
|Cholest. 0mg||0%||Protein 1g|
|Vitamin A 2% • Vitamin C 48% • Calcium 2% • Iron 2%|
1. Shake the bag to distribute food evenly. Measure the appropriate amount of dry food and add it to your dog’s bowl. Feeding amounts are only general guidelines. Individual requirements will vary depending upon factors such as metabolism, daily activity, breed, health, genetics, and environment.
2. Measure the appropriate amount of hot water and add it to the dry food. Let sit for 10-15 minutes or until the food has absorbed the water and has the consistency of oatmeal. You can add more or less water to change the consistency depending on your dog’s preference.
3. Serve at room temperature. Always make sure your companion dog has fresh, clean water to drink. 1 lb. makes approximately 5 lbs. of fresh, raw dog food.
Simply add water and treat your pets to a delicious, nourishing meal.
1 lb. makes approximately 5 lbs. of fresh, raw dog food:
For ground flax, recommends daily use with the following doses:
- Weeks 1-6
Based on weight:
<20 lbs, 1-2 Tbsp
20-50lbs, 2-4 Tbsp
>50lbs, 4-6 Tbsp
- After Week 6,or once improvement is noted, reduce amount to 1/3 or 1/2 every day.